I bet Blizzard never saw this coming! Deckard and Griswold are probably rolling over in their graves, unless they're still in some level of hell...

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Library Lore

Ok here it is:

Not long ago I gave a friend of mine a TexShare card from the library.  She then took this TexShare card out of town to a different library that is also on the TexShare system.  That library took one look at the card and commented, "oh Irving will give a card to anyone, even someone from Ohio..." and basically told her that they wouldn't issue her a card since they knew that Irving's policies were so open.  Naturally I was unhappy since they offended my friend, my library, and my dignity...so here is what I did:

1.) I discussed this with Logan, who also agreed it was a travesty of everything right in this world, and I then emailed my story/complaint to him which I will forward to the Assistant Director tomorrow.

2.) I emailed the Texas Library Association and reported that a certain small-town library feels they have the right to be selective on TexShare cards they honor based on their interpretation of the other library's policies.  We'll see what comes of that.

3.) I emailed the offending party a certain link that starts with www.tub ... oh wait, this has gone too far already...

2 Comments:

Blogger Nat-Wu said...

Oh please do not show that link to anyone else! We've done enough damage with it. And you already gave it to that guy who wanted to see my naked rear end over the web-cam.

11:25 AM

 
Blogger Alexander Wolfe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home