I bet Blizzard never saw this coming! Deckard and Griswold are probably rolling over in their graves, unless they're still in some level of hell...

Monday, November 29, 2004

Internet Theft

Well, here I am in crappy cold ass washington and was just wondering, is Internet service theft wrong. I only wonder this because I am using someone elses wireless network that they did not secure, so for all I know they could be sharing. They are probably stupid, but who knows. Anyway this place already has frost on the freaking ground, and doing pushups on that stings like hell after your hands loose all feeling and are dieing. Well, thats all for now, later kiddies.

5 Comments:

Blogger Alexander Wolfe said...

Coincidentally, Slate has an article about this very thing:

http://www.slate.com/id/2109941/

How to steal wi-fi, and conversely, keep from having it stolen from you.

12:28 PM

 
Blogger Seamus said...

What are you doing in Washington?

More importantly, however, why the hell are you doing pushups?

4:51 PM

 
Blogger Alexander Wolfe said...

Well first of all I thought you guys knew I was going to school here. Secondly, I'm not doing any...oh wait, you're not talking to me. My bad.

5:30 PM

 
Blogger Feels like Nine said...

Jason, cold weather is my favorite, goddangit!

9:00 PM

 
Blogger Seamus said...

I suppose it depends how you look at it, Jason. You never asked for them to broadcast their 802.11 signal into your room; they put the signal there, not you. And sure, you aren't paying for the internet you're using, but you also aren't doing anything illegal. The wireless devices are set to automatically pick up and use available signals. If an unprotected signal is broadcast into your airspace, you aren't doing anything wrong by using it. So, technically, you are using someone's internet signal without verbal or written permission; but you never hacked, cracked, or violated anything: you simply turned on your computer and behold there was internet. I say you're in the clear.
I suppose it could be interpreted, by the fact that they are quite intentionally broadcasting unprotected internet directly into your private room, that they are offering it to you to use it as you will.

4:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home