I bet Blizzard never saw this coming! Deckard and Griswold are probably rolling over in their graves, unless they're still in some level of hell...

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Bad Patron!

Actually it was two. These stories were related to me by Mildred.

Mildred was working Sunday and I was there at closing to pick her up from work. I was sitting at my computer most of the time, so I missed the first patron. At closing time Loretta made the closing announcement as usual. An older lady was returing her items at the time to Mildred. The lady heard the announcement and asked if that meant she wouldn't be able to check out. Mildred told her that she would not be able to check out, at which the lady stamped her foot in the classic gesture of frustration and said, "Aw shit!" and proceeded to leave.

Just after that lady had walked off, I went up to Mildred and she told me that story. Now at this point she had shut down her computer and was preparing to leave. Another lady walked up and wanted to return her items. She said something to the effect of "I just need to get one thing". Mildred told her, "I can take them but they won't be checked in until tomorrow. If that's ok, you can just leave them here. You also won't be able to check out tonight because we're already closed." The lady asked then, "I won't be able to checkout?" Mildred answered no. At that point the lady left her items in the bookdrop and proceeded to wander into the library. We just watched her go. Mildred and I went over to checkout and shut down the remaining computers and told Loretta that some lady had just gone in. Then we went to the back area and since we saw Debbie there, Mildred told her too. At that point it was about 5:06 or 7 and we left. When we got back on Monday, Mildred told me that Debbie had seen the lady when she first walked in and told her then that she wouldn't be able to check out! And yet this lady just thought she'd do as she pleased. Eventually Debbie got rid of her. I just don't know whether she was really stupid or really stubborn.

5 Comments:

Blogger adam said...

Sounds like an old lady to me.

12:06 PM

 
Blogger Nat-Wu said...

The first one was, but the second wasn't so old. At least, she didn't look older than her forties.

12:11 PM

 
Blogger Alexander Wolfe said...

I'd say a big "Stick of Closed" presented to their faces as they're walking in would help them get the point.

9:02 PM

 
Blogger Alexander Wolfe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:04 PM

 
Blogger Nat-Wu said...

It probably would, as long as our librarians can swing it hard enough.

11:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home