I bet Blizzard never saw this coming! Deckard and Griswold are probably rolling over in their graves, unless they're still in some level of hell...

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Oh God

The Washington Post reports on something that may not be quite as horrible as Brainerd diahrrea, but it's a close second. Apparently a mystery bug has been inflicting god-awful stomach illnesses on otherwise healthy people.

First came stomach cramps, which left Christina Shultz doubled over and weeping in pain. Then came nausea and fatigue -- so overwhelming she couldn't get out of bed for days. Just when she thought things couldn't get worse, the nastiest diarrhea of her life hit -- repeatedly forcing her into the hospital.

Doctors finally discovered that the 35-year-old Hilliard, Ohio, woman had an intestinal bug that used to be found almost exclusively among older, sicker patients in hospitals and was usually easily cured with a dose of antibiotics. But after months of treatment, Shultz is still incapacitated.

Really, I wouldn't have gone to the trouble to blog about this except for what I read here:

Some resort to having their colon removed to end the debilitating diarrhea.

!!!!??? I didn't even know it was possible to have diarrhea so bad that having your colon removed becomes a feasible option. All I'm saying is that if I anyone can ever refer to my diarrhea as the "nastiest diarrhea of his life", I'm ending it all with a bullet to the brain.

7 Comments:

Blogger Seamus said...

Do you think that people like Goatse, or otherwise extremely "loosened" people like a large cross-section of adult film stars, would be immune to such a problem or more susceptible?

4:19 PM

 
Blogger Alexander Wolfe said...

Seamus, I think they already live in such a condition all the time, and so excessive diahrrea would hardly be noticed.

11:03 PM

 
Blogger Nat-Wu said...

Man, and I thought the time I almost blacked out on the can was bad! I can't imagine what it would be like if I was hit with the "nastiest diarrhea" of my life.

8:31 AM

 
Blogger Alexander Wolfe said...

Honestly I can't see how medical science can't put a stop to that. Surely some kind of butt plug would at least allow you a very uncomfortable measure of control over it.

9:58 PM

 
Blogger Nat-Wu said...

You don't think that would result in an even more embarrassing "cork popping"? I can imagine that the effect would be the same as a shaken bottle of champagne

1:49 PM

 
Blogger Alexander Wolfe said...

And as bubbly and fun?

9:39 PM

 
Blogger AAW said...

Super bug for the Super Booty. You can take my freedom... just don't take my Zantac.

12:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home