I bet Blizzard never saw this coming! Deckard and Griswold are probably rolling over in their graves, unless they're still in some level of hell...

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Because I Can't Think of Anywhere Else to Post This


The dark art of the con!

My wife and I went and saw The Da Vinci Code this weekend. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I must also say that I am one of apparently 3% of the world's population who has not read the book, and this statement and the former may be related. Anyway I read all the reviews ahead of time, all of which were lukewarm to negative, and despite my normal reliance upon reviews to help me decide which movies not to waste $8.50 on I decided to see it anyway. The simple fact is I had not read the book, and I had no plans to read the book, but I wanted to know what all the fuss was about. I still don't know if The Da Vinci Code is a great book, but it makes for a hell of a movie. I really enjoyed it. I found it to be tense, interesting, slightly cerebral, and invigorating. I did not think (like every single reviewer I read) that Tom Hanks was weirdly cast as the leading man or that the writers appeared to be too unwilling to deviate from the book. So anyway, if you've read the book you might feel otherwise. But my wife read the book and she still enjoyed it, though not as much as I did I don't think. Anyway, if you're hankering to indulge yourself in a guilty pleasure, ignore the reviewers and what anyone else tells you and go see it anyway. If you don't like it....well, at least you got to see Tom Hanks with long hair and Audrey Tatou speaking English with a oh-so sexy French accent.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alexander Wolfe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:24 PM

 
Blogger James said...

I feel the same about the bible actually. :)

9:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home