I bet Blizzard never saw this coming! Deckard and Griswold are probably rolling over in their graves, unless they're still in some level of hell...

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Is this the end?

So I was driving home from work today, when suddenly my car stopped accelerrating on Hwy 114. I pulled over and glanced at my fuel meter. The needle was sitting on the very end of the red "E." So my mom brings me a couple gallons of gas which spill all over my hands as I try to shove the flimsy spout into the vehicle. In fact, my hands still have that gasoline smell. I try to start up the 14 year-old machine, and the engine sputters and makes a popping noise. It won't budge an inch.

The only good thing was that the USAA towing guy got there in like 15 minutes and knew exactly which service station to tow it to.

So I wonder...has the Taurus driven its last mile?

Tomorrow I hear the diagnosis.

3 Comments:

Blogger Seamus said...

David, whether you meant to or not you just reminded me of a Creed song...and for that, sir, I am irritated.

Although Haloween H2O did teach us that Creed is good music for macking.

11:36 PM

 
Blogger Alexander Wolfe said...

I'd say with that gasoline all over your hands, you were one poorly thought out cig from a Darwin award.

11:57 AM

 
Blogger Feels like Nine said...

Yeah, I thought about making a campfire on the side of the highway if I had to sleep there for the night, but....

Anyway, I got the car back today. The repairs cost a whopping $67.00. Apparently, it makes a car engine freak out real bad if you run the gas tank dry. All it needed was gas, a fuel filter, a hose, and some sweet lovin'.

What Creed song? I hate Creed. Bunch a pop hippies.

7:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home