I bet Blizzard never saw this coming! Deckard and Griswold are probably rolling over in their graves, unless they're still in some level of hell...

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Alert: Iraqis need your help!

I think this email I recieved today counts as one of the many unforseen consequences of the invasion of Iraq:

"Good day my dear,How are you ? I hope you are fine.I am Alhaja Aisha Al Fahd, an Iraqi citizen. I got your contact email address in confidence through a reliable-help network when I was searching for a reliable person who can help me make this transaction a success. However, my inner consciousness assured me of your reliability and trustworthiness in this business transaction."

Uh oh...if you're even 1/2 as naive as I am, you can tell where this is going:

"I am presently residing in Basra Iraq and desperately in need of your urgent assistance and surport to move a huge sum of $120,000.000 ( One Hundred and Twenty Million, U.S Dollar) which is now in the security company. This money is legal and free from any local or international laws.Due to the current situation of things in our country Iraq, so my dear, I need to arrange quickly on how to move this money to you in your country or any other safer place for onward deposit in any bank account because, I dont want to lose the money in that company..."

Oh yes...it's the famous Nigerian money scam, transplanted to Iraq. Apparantly in addition to foreign jihadist sneaking into Iraq to carry out holy war, we have Nigerian spammers stealthily invading Iraq to teach Iraq's equivalent of the computer nerd how to rip off Americans of even more money then the billions we've already sent over there. And clever they are...notice how the spammer carefully mentions that he/she/it is residing in Basra, in the more peaceful southern region of Iraq, and not the turbulant Baghdad or Anbar province, where large money transactions almost certainly couldn't happen without getting some terrorist's attention. Anyway, I sure couldn't get behind getting rid of foreign terrorists, establishing democracy or even the good old stand by of taking their oil, but if it takes 500,000 red-blooded American soldiers to rid the world of Iraqi spam, I say send our boys in and let God sort 'em out!

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexander Wolfe said...

Note: Basra is clearly not that peaceful now. I suspect my next Iraqi money scheme will purport to come from somewhere considerably quieter, like the northern Kurdish territories. I will report back on this.

11:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home