I bet Blizzard never saw this coming! Deckard and Griswold are probably rolling over in their graves, unless they're still in some level of hell...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Bang your head!


These guys were NOT on the list

Note: This was originally posted somewhere else (okay at my myspace page; what of it?) But I decided to post it here because...well, just cause.

I love metal. Sometimes I forget because my tastes have leaned away from the oh-so-hardest of rock (or as Nathan says, I listen to a bunch of emo crap-which is NOT true by the way). But the other day I was flipping channels and stopped on VH1's "40 Greatest Metal Mania Songs" or something like that, in which they recounted the greatest metal hits of all time. And it was AWESOME. I bowed down before the rock gods of Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Judas Priest, AC/DC, Guns and Roses, Alice in Chains and even some of the more rockingest of "hair" bands such as Motley Crue and Skid Row (which as one commentator correctly pointed out on the show, is unfairly classified as a hair band.) This, combined with the Behind the Music special on Pantera which I saw the week before, has rekindled the fire of metal in my pants! Unfortunately, as all my CDs are packed away I've been listening repeatedly to the System of a Down CD I left in my car...but it'll do.

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

"If you loved metal in the 80's, you are gay!"
Patton Oswalt.
Half naked men in leather, whatever works for you man.

9:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home