I bet Blizzard never saw this coming! Deckard and Griswold are probably rolling over in their graves, unless they're still in some level of hell...

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

The 100th post is MINE! ALL MINE!

I claim this post in the name of Spain! No, wait, that's something else. Ok, let me bring you all up to speed. I now have a phone that you can actually reach me at (when I answer, that is). We have Alex and his wife to thank for that.

Also, it looks like my reign of terror at IPL is coming to a close. Driving here has become too expensive for a mere part-time job. Once upon a time I dreamed of making good money here; alas, that dream has come to nought. Chris, Kristina, and Amanda are convinced this is due to the connivances of unsavory NL characters, but regardless, I'm screwed. Now that I have no chance for promotion in anything like the near future, I must seek my fortune elsewhere. However, Chris did suggest that when my position becomes vacant, John should try to gain it. We're assuming the NL people won't want to step down to a part-time job. I think this is a fine idea as John will be working back at Central, his home library.

So, I'm taking suggestions for what line of work I should move into. Hit me!

9 Comments:

Blogger adam said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:09 PM

 
Blogger adam said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:13 PM

 
Blogger adam said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:28 PM

 
Blogger adam said...

Pretty soon most of the people posting here won't even work at the library!

6:30 PM

 
Blogger adam said...

Oops. Sorry about that. For some reason the posts didn't show up here and then I erased too many.

6:31 PM

 
Blogger Nat-Wu said...

Come on guys, I said suggestions! So far I've gotten two comments, one of which isn't even relevant!

8:06 PM

 
Blogger Feels like Nine said...

Noooooooo, you can't leave the library. Who'll protect all the living knowledge of Northwest....or wherever the hell you work. Anyway, possible alternate employment ideas are:

1. Working at another, closer library (or "adult" library if ya get my drift)

2. Selling self on street.

3. Fashion consultant

4. Hitman

5. And finally, NBF street performer

8:44 PM

 
Blogger Nat-Wu said...

Hmm. Well, adult bookstore might be a good idea, except I really have little experience in that kind of literature because we don't stock that at the Library.

My whore days have long passed. I'm not really in shape to prostitute myself anymore.

Um, fashions. No.

Can I borrow a gun?

I like that last one, but do you really make money at it? I would think it would lead to arrest, actually.

9:14 PM

 
Blogger Alexander Wolfe said...

I'll be looking forward to you claiming the 200th post, in which you update us on how the job search is going.

1:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home