I bet Blizzard never saw this coming! Deckard and Griswold are probably rolling over in their graves, unless they're still in some level of hell...

Friday, November 25, 2005

Black Friday! OMG!

Whew! What a crazy morning. I actually hadn't been thinking about going to any sales, but last night I found a Fry's ad and I saw some deals we just had to get. I knew they opened at 5, so I figured if we were there by 4 we'd be in an ok place in line. That was true (we got there at 3:45), but when I got in line, I was at the corner of the front of the building (with the line starting at the door). That was pretty good compared to the people at the end of the line. I know that it got around to the back of the building, and probably went most of the way around.

Fry's had a dvd player/home theater system (like Alex's, except it only holds 1 at a time) for $49. It was regularly priced at $129. I showed that to Kristina and she agreed that that was too good a deal to pass up. We were also looking for a 200 cd wallet that was free after rebate, a power strip that was free after rebate, a 256MB flash memory drive that was $9.99 and Desperate Housewives season 1 that was $23.99 (regularly $43.99). We got all except the flash memory. I was disappointed, but it wasn't really necessary anyway.

We then went to Best Buy, which was pretty much a waste of time. Their discounts made things the prices they should have been regularly, except for big-ticket items that were way out of our price range anyway (like 42" plasma screens). Don't tell mom, but we got her a shelf stereo/cd player to replace the one that broke. It was only $19.99 after the rebate, so it was pretty much the only good deal there.

At Wal-Mart we found two dvds on sale for less than $9, so that was good.

I wanted to share with you guys an observation I made, and I believe I'm not being the least bit biased in it. Every Asian in Irving was at either Fry's or Best Buy. They came in groups of at least 2, usually more though (like 5). When I was waiting to get into Fry's, whites were about 1 in 20, and at the Best Buy checkout line the line seemed to be almost exclusively Asian people with just a few non-Asians thrown in.

I'm not talking about just Chinese, Koreans and Japanese here. I saw those, but more Indians than all of them combined. It was crazy. Man, if somebody wanted to kill a bunch of Asians, that would have been the time to do it. They would have gotten several thousand at Fry's alone.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alexander Wolfe said...

1) I didn't know you were such a fan of Desperate Housewives.

2) I didn't know you want to bomb Asians.

9:35 PM

 
Blogger Alexander Wolfe said...

Or in the immortal words of a famous movie character:

"Idiot!"

2:40 PM

 
Blogger James said...

is that from 'the brain'?
Oh wait. he was a TV character

9:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home