I bet Blizzard never saw this coming! Deckard and Griswold are probably rolling over in their graves, unless they're still in some level of hell...

Friday, December 02, 2005

Christmas Humor

Feeling a little bit of holiday spirit last night (in the form of too much cold medicine) on a whim I decided to do a google search for "Christmas Jokes." As you can imagine, there are quite a few Christmas-themed jokes out there. As you can probably also imagine, very few of them are actually funny. One in particular that I ran across is entitled "Hispanic Christmas." Well, hispanics celebrate Christmas, so maybe it's a joke that centers around particularly hispanic Christmas customs? Um, not so much:

"The night before Chreemas, on Thorsday I theenk,
I go to cantina to geet me a dreenk.
I dreenk saam tequila, I dreenk eet too fast,
Preety damn queek, I fall on my ass."

So in the first stanza we learn our joke involves a drunken Mexican with a Speedy Gonzalez accent. But the "joke" ends strangely. After "Speedy" encounters a Mexican Santa Clause, Santa clause speeds away but not without issuing one last admonition:

"He going away and the last theeng I heeer,
'IF YOU VOTE FOR BILL CLINTON, I BE BACK NEXT YEAR!'"

Huh? Okay so at first glance that seems pretty anti-Clinton. But wait, does that mean Mexican Santa's visit to Speedy was a bad thing? Or is he saying that Mexicans should vote for Democrats and he'll reward Speedy if he does? I don't get it. Maybe I should't, considering the "joke" is at least 10 years out of date, if not more.

I shall continue my search for elusive Christmas humor. More updates to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home