I bet Blizzard never saw this coming! Deckard and Griswold are probably rolling over in their graves, unless they're still in some level of hell...

Sunday, July 30, 2006

ESPN-Eww

I feel compelled to recount something horrifying I saw today on ESPN-2. While doing my morning channel surfing, I saw this show about some hot chick in Africa. The premise: hunting a lion. Now in order to find a lion, they have to bait it somehow. And what do they decide to use as bait? Why a rancid, rotting hippo carcass of course!

The hippo corpse itself, didn't look too bad; just like a sleeping hippo. But the hot chick and her group of locals decide they must hoist part of the carcass in a high tree in order to make it difficult for the lion.

So in uncensored, graphic detail, it cuts to a shot of a severed hippo leg hanging from a rope in a tree. (Keep in mind this is on a Sunday morning).

But that's not even the best part. The hunting party must create a scent to attract the lion. So it immediately cuts to another shot of a local digging his hands deep into the hippo's intestines, pulling out a heaping pile of hippo shit...with his bare hands. He then proceeds to mash the shit into the tree holding the severed leg in order to "spread the scent." Then you saw them dragging hippo guts across the ground to make a scent trail, but nothing compared to the man holding a pile of mashed feces as big as his head...with his bare hands.

I finally turned the channel when the attractive female hostess mentioned the amount of flies around the bait area. The camera, of course, immediately cut to a close up hundreds, perhaps thousands, of sickening flies all over the severed leg.

I don't really have a conclusion here, except that that was some sick shit. I guess it's proof ESPN has absolutely nothing when football and basketball are in their off-seasons.

3 Comments:

Blogger Number Four said...

You mean you dont spread animalshit all over your door toattract stray cats, i thought everyone did that.

11:56 AM

 
Blogger Kou said...

I use fresh hippo dung to reduce the number of speeding tickets I get. I fashion it into a crude hat when I am stopped.

12:28 PM

 
Blogger Feels like Nine said...

I guess I meant to say the MOST disturbing aspect was when he scooped the feces out of the hippo's colon. It's an image that will haunt me for the rest of my life.

11:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home