I bet Blizzard never saw this coming! Deckard and Griswold are probably rolling over in their graves, unless they're still in some level of hell...

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The PC Handshake


I didn't want to hijack John's last thread, but it reminded me of a really bizarre dream I once had. The dream started out with my mom calling me because some militant lesbian feminists were holding loud meetings in her backyard, and she wanted me to come help her get rid of them, not so much because of the trespassing as the fact that the neighbors would think she was also a militant lesbian. So I drove on down there just as the group was packing back up into their cars. I went over and introduced myself to them, offering my hand as is customary for such introductions. The leader of the lesbians shook my hand, but dug her thumbnail into my thumb, drawing blood. I asked her why the heck she did that and she responded "my hand got scared, so it bit you." She then elaborated that the standard handshake is an instrument of male dominance, and the thumb commits a penetrative, symbolic "rape" when it crosses over onto the other person's hand. She then informed me that the correct way to shake politically correct hands was to keep the thumb directly over the rest of the hand and just rub palms together.
Unfortunately, that's all I remember of the dream.

6 Comments:

Blogger Seamus said...

Well at least you dreamed about lesbians and not gay men.

I had a really strange dream last night. I was on some sort of trial for "sexual harrassment" although the details of my crime were not part of the dream, it was merely assumed. For some reason, all the residents of Cove Hollow were consulted to vote as to whether or not I was guilty; two or more votes would convict me. The TWM showed up at the trial and claimed to be residents of the Cove. Only the TWM voted guilty, which was adequate to convict me; all because they lied out of revenge.

10:21 AM

 
Blogger Kou said...

Oh, I think the details of your crime were more than "assumed." It was Darla!

10:37 AM

 
Blogger Seamus said...

No, Kou, that's Buddy's dream.

10:45 AM

 
Blogger cbiggie said...

I have spent enough time on Cove Hollow to be considered an honorary member. Not only that, but i lived through the "Kristy" incident. Seamus may be the only one here that knows about that....but it's probably best that way.

Since i too should get a vote i will share it with you all now.

I vote guilty. Why, you ask. Because John once hit me with marching band shoe that was fired from the "cannon". It was a misfire, but still....it hit me. And for that i too vote out of revenge and find you guilty as charged.

10:53 AM

 
Blogger Seamus said...

Chris, you can't simultaneously be a member of Brandon Court and Cove Hollow. Those are two exclusive Irving districts.

Besides, you weren't in the dream anyway.

11:35 AM

 
Blogger cbiggie said...

Whoa there....just hold on a second. One must always think twice before even thinking of bringing up the BCT.

Be very careful. All members of the BCT will come crawling out from all parts of Irving if they hear those letters uttered.

That's one can of worms you do not want to mess with.

- - - CSN of the BCT - - -

6:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home